Everyone has a default drink that comes to mind when asked what their favorite beverage is. This is what you order when they walk into a bar and want something immediately before you have seen a menu or are on the spot to select a drink and say the first thing that comes to mind. Some people are so predictable that friends or dates can order for them before they arrive. Having worked in bars and restaurants for almost ten years, I have noticed trends with certain drink selections. I believe that there are number of things we do subconsciously that reveal a lot about who we are to others around us such as the way we dress, our body language, and what food and drink choices we make. What we drink can be reflective of our mood on a particular occasion or can represent more intrinsic facets of our personalities. Here are some popular beverages and what they represent:
- Dirty Martini: Typically the drink of choice by men who work a high paying job, wear a suit to work, and often have business lunches over martinis and overpriced sandwiches. Both men and women who drink this have something to prove and are likely to be a bit pretentious. You are likely to be a slick, unctuous businessman andmay even have a noxious personality that is brought out by a few too many of these.
- Cosmo: You are flirty, sexy, and sophisticated. Drink of choice of either young professionals or middle-aged women when they are trying to feel younger.
- Long Island: You love to party and can handle your liquor.
- Kir Royale: You are stylish and sophisticated yet bubbly and sweet. You know what want and tend your glowing personality draws people to you.
- Mojito: You are exotic, fun-loving, and have a naughty side that comes out if you have a few of these.
- Vodka Redbull: You are high energy, typically one of the last to leave an outing or event, and always looking to hit the clubs, bars, or house party. You are flirty but not looking for anything serious and are mainly out for fun.
- Scotch on the Rocks: You are sophisticated or at least trying to act that way. You are straight to point and do not waste words in your conversation with fluff. You are all business when it comes to work and while you mayhave a lot of thoughts or emotions on the inside, others perceive you as cool, straightforward, or maybe even a bit stern.
- Red Wine: You are classy and conversational. Drink of choice of either the romantic, sincere, and sensitive or of those who have stressful lives from which they seek to unwind.
- Margarita: You are fun, like to party, and have a wild side. You also can be a bit disagreeable and tend to be irritating when you don’t get what you want.
- Gin & Tonic: You tend to wear a mask and portray yourself to be one way but are really another. Only thoseclosest to you know what you are all truly about.
- Bud Light/Coors Light/Miller Lite: (since so many people drink these beverages, this applies to people who drink this regularly, not to those who switch to it later in an evening as a wind-down drink) You are more of a partier than a worker. Guys who drink this tend to be a bit frugal or even downright cheap and also do not take life too seriously. Girls who drink this are often sexually provocative, flirty with follow-through, and carefree about relationships. Both genders who drink this regularly place a lot of importance on what their peers think of them.
- Corona: You are down to earth yet enjoyable to be around and often are likeable to almost anyone who meets you. Sometimes you are the life of the party while other times you are chill, relaxed, and approachable.
What does your drink say about you? Would you agree with the depiction? Have any beverages to add that I may have missed? Leave your comments below.