The newly single twenty-one year old Joe Jonas (formerly dating Ashley Greene of the Twilight Saga) graces the cover and inside of Details magazine April 2011 issue with his attempt at sexy and sophisticated. He’s actually pretty cute. When I think of the Jonas Brothers I always picture the goofy one and think they are unattractive but Joe actually has nice features: light eyes, dark hair, and olive skin (my big turn ons). I like him better with the longer hair though I think. Joe landed the cover because he is launching a solo career, hence the title “Oh Brother Where Art Thou? Joe Jonas Goes It Alone.” In the article Jonas talks about going solo, being the first to hit on brother Kevin’s now-wife Danielle Deleasa, his exes, and the persistent gay rumors.
Here are some key points of the article:
- On why he’s going solo: ‘I’m growing up, the fans are growing up. I’ve gone through a lot of stuff in my life so far. There are stories I haven’t really been able to tell. When you’re writing with three people, you wind up with a sound that might be… not average… but, you know, expected.’
- On how his solo music differs: ‘I wanted to do something you could hear in a club or something you could dance to, something that’s fun; something that’s me. I think it was definitely because I was getting older. But it was also a kind of a scary thought. Cause you go, ‘I don’t want to offend my brothers.’ You know?’
- On how he first hit on now sister-in-law, Danielle Deleasa, a former hairdresser, in 2009: ‘Actually, I hit on her first,’ Joe says of meeting Deleasa when the band of brothers were on vacation in the Bahamas. ‘And after that she and Kevin hit it off, of course. Now we have a fourth person traveling with us everywhere, so that’s a different thing completely.’
- On his exes Demi Lovato, Camilla Belle, and Taylor Swift: Of Lovato he says ‘I wish her the best.’ He defends his beak-up with Swift, during a 27-second phone call, saying it was she who hung up on him.
- On whether he’ll do a Taylor Swift and write an album of passive-agressive non-love songs, ‘I have a right to write about things too… [about] different love scenarios that I’ve been through, breakups, hurts.’
- On gay rumours: ‘There’s nothing wrong with being gay,’ he says, ‘but I’m not.’
Here are the pics. What does everyone think, yay or nay? I think he can be cute but I’m not sure this is as sexy as the photographer wanted it to be. Also, after looking at these pics and his attempt at certain poses, I understand the gay rumors: